UBBUSA.com is owned and operated by United Business Brokers, Inc. (“UBB”), a subsidiary of United Business Brokers Group Inc. UBB understands that you care about how we collect, use, and share information when you interact with our websites, email, social media sites/handles, and other services provided to you in the course of our business (including online services) (our “Services”), and we value the trust you place in us.
ATTENTION CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: For information about your rights under California law, see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below.
In using our Services, you may occasionally provide information, such as your name, your contact information, or other information about yourself to UBB or other United Business Brokers entities, our service providers, or other businesses which you may contact while using the Services. UBB and these other entities may use this information and other technical information about your use of our Services to tailor their presentations to you, to facilitate your use of our Services or to communicate separately with you. We also may share personal information with other companies (“Third Parties”) as described in this policy or at the time that your information is collected. In certain circumstances, you may have the opt-out to limit our sharing of your information, as described below.
The following describes how we collect, use and share your Personal Information.
1. What Personal Information does UBBUSA.com collect from you?
UBBUSA.com collects information in several ways and from different parts of our web site and Services.
Some Personal Information is gathered when you sign up for our communications, enter a site feedback or contact form, or complete a client satisfaction survey. During the on-line registration process, for example, UBBUSA.com may ask for your name, email address, telephone number, postal code, occupation, industry information and professional interests. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to assist you with your real estate needs.
2. What are cookies and how does UBBUSA.com use them?
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you will still be able to access most of the areas on this site. However, please note that if you disable all optional cookies using your browser, certain features of UBBUSA.com may not be available.
3. How does UBBUSA.com use Personal Information?
UBBUSA.com’s primary goal in collecting Personal Information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our network of sites. By knowing a little about you, UBBUSA.com is able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content, and hence better service, to you. UBBUSA.com may carry out research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this in order to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. Subject to applicable laws, UBB may share aggregated user data with advertisers or business partners.
4. Does UBBUSA.com share my information with outsiders?
From time to time, you may be offered the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from Third Parties. If you choose to receive information from these Third Parties, UBBUSA.com will share your Personal Information them.
5. What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
UBBUSA.com may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our services. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from UBBUSA.com, we may occasionally send you direct mail about services which we feel may be of interest to you. At any time you can easily edit your UBBUSA.com account information and other subscription preferences to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
6. How does UBBUSA.com protect my personal and business-related information?
UBB takes reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Information from perpetrators of fraud or internet piracy.
We recommend that you sign out of your UBBUSA.com account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This will help ensure that others cannot access your Personal Information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or an Internet cafe.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. AS A RESULT, WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, UBBUSA.COM, UBB OR UNITED BUSINESS BROKERS CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR TRANSMISSION, WE MAKE OUR BEST EFFORT TO ENSURE ITS SECURITY ON OUR SYSTEMS.
7. What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you disclose Personal Information online – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post Personal Information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account or fill out certain web forms. If you choose to create an account on UBBUSA.com, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- We collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to monitor your use and the effectiveness of our Services, to identify you, and to provide you with targeted information and offers.
- Protected Classifications: We do not collect information related to any protected classifications on UBBUSA.com. However, we may from time to time collect information regarding your age, gender or other protected classification in the course of providing other Services only where required for the conduct of business.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address. When you use the Services for the first time, we may ask for your permission to collect your precise location (e.g., your GPS coordinates). If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to make improvements to our products and services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Professional or employment-related information: We may collect information about your current employer and your employment history when you fill out a form or otherwise in the provision of our Services.
- Education information: We may collect information about the institutions you have attended and the level of education you have attained. We use this information to conduct background and other screening activities, and to promote our Services to others.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We may analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes. On some occasions, we may add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
We may share any of the above-listed information with Service Providers, which are companies that we engage for business purposes to conduct activities on our behalf. Service Providers are restricted from using Personal Information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information by requesting a Consumer Data Request form from info@UBBUSA.com.
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to
- provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and
- confirm your request using the email or telephone account stated in the request.
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete notarized affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth of the child certificate in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf.
9. Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please email info@UBBUSA.com.
11. Additional Information
For any questions regarding this statement, please contact us at info@UBBUSA.com.